Nice Interior Design Chicago photos

Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral (1903) in Chicago
interior design chicago

Image by chicagogeek
NRHP #76000693

I might add that I am fascinated by beading. I helped with the FLW housewalk last year showing Sullivan’s beading influence in Wright’s early designs. It is so funny to work at the Charnley House with all the bead work and the first thing I noticed here was the beading inside and outside.

Finally paid a visit to the Louis Sullivan-designed Russian Orthodox Church last weekend. I thought I better because I always wanted to see Pilgrim Baptist and we all know what happened to that building.

It sits on the outskirts of Ukrainian Village, the interior is based on the St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral in Kiev. Originally a church constructed in 1903 and consecrated by St. Tikhon of Moscow. The church was elevated to cathedral (meaning the seat of Orthodox Church in America Diocese of the Midwest) in 1923.



Tags:chicago, Design, interior, Nice, photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment