Escher-esque

Escher-esque
chicago interior design

Image by kern.justin
View Large on Black at www.thewindypixel.com!

Let’s give it up for a great guest post yesterday – thanks Brian!

Today’s pick comes from Ida Noyes Hall at the University of Chicago. This is the third floor view looking down towards the symmetrical staircases that are like something M.C. Escher would have designed. I love the creaky-crackly sounds these steps make when trod upon, which made waiting for the folks flocking to the third-floor theater for a chess tournament, and therefore out of the frame, more tolerable. I did a bit of shooting here recently, and plan to head back to do more. Comparing the images I’ve made recently to those I made when we first started this blog are an education in controlling HDR – in making it exciting and unusual while still pleasing. I think I’m close to that sweet spot – but I’m sure in another 9 months I’ll feel the same way :) .



Tags:Escheresque

0 comments:

Post a Comment